"Everybody is smart in different ways. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its life believing it is stupid.”
Date - 4/6/ 2020 - P.S - Stop reading at Chapter 10!
Date - 4/6/ 2020 - P.S - Stop reading at Chapter 10!
Q.1 - What was "always there" for Ally?
Q.2 -"Teachers are like the machines that take quarters for the bouncy balls." Contemplate.
Q.3. - What specific lines in the first chapter show that Ally did not like being at school.
Q.4 - Explain "I need attention like a fish needs snorkel."
Q.5. In Charpter 3, do you think Ally should have let Mrs Silver help her?
Q.6. What do you think is Ally's talent?
Q.7 - Do you think you like Mr Daniels so far? Why?
Q.8. "The things that we put numbers on are not necessarily the things that count most" - do you agree?
Q.9. List any words that you read and were new to you.
Q.3- "Seven schools in seven years and they're all the same. Whenever I try my best, they tell I don't try hard enough. Too messy. Careless Spelling. Annoyed that the same word is spelled different ways on the same page. And the headaches. I always get headaches from looking at brightness of the dark letters on white pages for too long."
ReplyDeleteQ.4 - "I need attention like a fish needs a snorkel" means that Ally doesn't need attention at all. She used that comparison because fish don't need snorkels.
ReplyDeleteQ.5 - I think Ally should have let Mrs. Silver help her because she seems to like Mr. Daniels.
ReplyDeleteQ.6 - I think Ally's talent is drawing because she doodles in class, and she likes to draw.
ReplyDeleteQ.1- I think the thing that she says was always there was her dislexia
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteQ.2- “Teachers are like the machines that take quarters for the bouncy balls." This means that “you know what you are going to get. Yet, you also don’t know, too.”
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteQ.7- I think Mr. Daniels is okay since he hasn't done anything against his students.
ReplyDeleteQ.5- I don’t think Ally should have tell Ms. Sliver since she was almost like all the other teachers while Mr. Daniels is kind of diffrent. If she did tell Ms Slivers, she could have told any other teacher but she doesn’t even have the gut to tell Mr. Daniels.
ReplyDelete